Lewis Car Number 1

In November 1900, the staff of the Lewis Cycle and Motor Works assembled on McHenry Street, Adelaide to be photographed with the first Lewis car which had just emerged from the works. Amusingly, the backdrop for the photograph was the brick facade of Dittmar's stables, deemed more suitable that the corrugated iron of the Lewis building, seen at the left.

Lewis car index

Copyright Leon Mitchell 2008

The Lewis Project Home | Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page Home